Links to videos referring or pertaining to the DEWLine.
- The DEWLine Story, Part 1. Part one of the documentary about the design and building of the DEWLine (13:48 minutes).
- The DEWLine Story, Part 2. Part two of the documentary about the design and building of the DEWLine (13:30 minutes).
- AT&T Archives: The Dew Line (Bonus Edition). The DEWLine Story (above), parts 1 & 2, with bonus material. (30:18 minutes).
- Arctic Mission: A Report on DEW Line Activities. An update on the DEWLine construction story, circa late 1950’s. (20:01 minutes).
- DEWLine (1957 Documentary.USAF DEWLine documentary showing the design and construction of the Distant Early Warning radar line in the 1950’s. (55:32 minutes).
- The Big Picture, The DEW Line. Role of Army Transportation Corps in Arctic, shown on “THE BIG PICTURE”. (27:09 minutes).
- The Big Picture, NORAD. US Army docudrama on the DEWLine with emphasis on NORAD. Part of the Army’s Big Picture series. (27:13 minutes).
- The Eyes and Ears of the Arctic. Documentary on the design and construction of the DEWLine and the DEW East (Greenland) sites. (32:38 minutes).
- SUAANGAN Horton River (BAR-E) DEWLine Site Cleanup. The challenges of cleaning up a former Intermediate site (I-Site). (28:53 minutes).
- DEWLine Closing Ceremonies, 1993. The ceremony took place at BAR-1 in 1993. Here are the ceremonies and the subsequent tribute to DEWLiners everywhere. (1:12:26 minutes).
- The Story of the BMEWS System, (Ears of the North). The Ballistic Missile Early Warning System (BMEWS), along with the Distant Early Warning Line (DEWLine) helped keep North America safe during the Cold War. (13:22 minutes).
- Hall Beach (FOX Main), 50 Years later. An old DEWLiner’s pilgrimage and stroll down memory lane. (25:08 minutes).
- DEWLine Mini Documentary. An interview with one of the youngest radar technicians to go to the DEWLine and some of his adventures. (14:26 minutes).
- Travels on the DEWLINE. Derek Whitehead spent 20 years on the DEWLine as a Radician, Station Chief, and Sector Chief C&E. This video chronicles some of his travels across the Line in the earlier years. (32:24 minutes).
- Ron Blessin’s DEWLine Adventures. Ron Blessin spent many years as a Radician. This video documents his Arctic adventures with the people of the North and the weather. (1:08:00 minutes).
- DEWLine Electronics at CAM-Main. Short video vignette showing some of the radar and communications equipment used on the DEWLine. Courtesy of Derek Whitehead. (2:54 minutes).
- The Dewline by John Speers. John Speers 2008 DEWLine memoirs. (6:03 minutes).
- CAM-5, MACKAR INLET. A visit to DEWLine station CAM-5 in the late 80’s. (Caution, adult language). Courtesy Wayne Trylinski. (8:13 minutes).
- CAF Cargo Flight: DYE-Main to BAR-2. Canadian Air Force (CAF) cargo flight from DYE-Main in the East to BAR-2 in the West. Courtesy Wayne Trylinski. (7:12 minutes).
- Tour of BAR-2, Shingle Point. Wayne Trylinski takes the viewer on a walk around BAR-2, including inside the module train. (Caution, adult language). Courtesy Wayne Trylinski (25:09 minutes).
- BAR-1, Komakuk Beach, Yukon. Visit to the BAR-1 DEWLine radar site in the early 90’s. Courtesy Wayne Trylinski. (12:46 minutes).
- CAM-3, Shepherd Bay. Visit to the CAM-3 DEWLine radar site in the late 80’s early 90’s. Courtesy Wayne Trylinski. (8:41 minutes).
- Churchill’s Polar Bears and Seals. Some of the wildlife to be found around Churchill MB. Courtesy Wayne Trylinski. (8:16 minutes).
- CAM-5 POL Flight. The resupply of POL (petroleum, oil, and lubricants) is done by airlift. Courtesy Wayne Trylinski. (2:24 minutes).
- DYE 3 DEWLine Station in Greenland. Welcome to the Dew East Radar site DYE-3 in Greenland, courtesy of Randy Hardin and Terry Wambolt. (10:58 minutes).
- DYE-4 Lower Camp. Courtesy of Randy Hardin and Terry Wambolt. (3:13 minutes).
- DYE-4 Wildlife. Both animal and human! Courtesy of Randy Hardin and Terry Wambolt. (3:10 minutes).
- DYE-4 Upper Camp. Courtesy of Randy Hardin and Terry Wambolt. (5:47 minutes).
- DYE-4 Anomalies. Video shows the severe damage done by a high-wind storm in 1963, amongst other gems. Courtesy of Randy Hardin and Terry Wambolt.(14:03 minutes).
- Bernie Ward’s Old Dewline Movies. Bernie spent his time on the DEWLine in the PIN sector in the early years. The audio is poor but the movies are priceless. (47 minutes).
- Ron Blessin’s DEWLine Slides. Ron Blessin spent the early 60’s in the PIN sector as a Radician. Here are just a few of his slides complete with an audio commentary. (27 minutes).
- Life at the DYE Sites. An Armed Forces Radio and Television Services (AFRTS) production about life on the DEW East DEWLine (DYE) Sites. Courtesy J. J. Kizak. (12:22 minutes).
- Another Look at DYE-2 and DYE-3. Another Armed Forces Radio and Television Services (AFRTS) production about life on the DEW East DEWLine (DYE) Sites. This time specifically DYE-2 and DYE-3. Courtesy J. J. Kizak. (4:38 minutes).
- Inside Dye-2. Have a look around inside the now abandoned Dye-2 site. It seems as if the former occupants just dropped whatever they were doing and left. (3:59 minutes).
- The Streator DEWLine Training Facility. Pictures of the now-abandoned DEWLine training facility located in a corn field outside Streator IL. (3:15 minutes).
- The Noisettes-“DEW Line”. A video vignette. (16:10 minutes).
- Abandoned PIN-3 DEWLine Site. PIN-3 burned to the ground in Jan 2000. Recently an environmental crew was at the site and video much of the pristine heavy equipment that had been abandoned and left behind. Some video of the burned out module train. (4:00 minutes).
Do you have videos of your DEWLine adventures and experiences? Don’t let your visual memories languish in the closet. Share them with others to enjoy.
Contact Brian Jeffrey today.